An interpreter is, in fact, a mediator and translator apps for windows, that is, an intermediary in a conversation between two or more people who speak different languages and cannot understand each other without outside help. The translator translates information into the required languages, while relaying its meaning, emotional shades and the purpose of what was said.
In order for your interpreter to cope well with the task, it is advisable to provide him with all the documents that will be needed for work as soon as possible. For example, a program schedule, information about speakers or a list of participants with their topics of speaking, a summary of the speakers’ speeches, or, if possible, materials from similar events that have been held in the past. It will be very helpful to provide a dictionary with abbreviations and abbreviations that will be used at the event. In other words, the quality of the work of a translator performing oral translations directly depends on the preliminary preparation and the availability of the necessary information. As they say, forewarned is forearmed.
Interpreters performing interpretation must respect professional confidentiality and professional ethics. Translators are obliged to maintain confidentiality and should not share with anyone outside information that they got access to during the translation (if this is a closed event and the information is classified).
Types of interpretation
There are two main types of interpretation:
1) Simultaneous interpretation, where the interpreter performs the translation in a separate booth at large international conferences
2) Consecutive interpretation, in which the interpreter translates the conversation between several interlocutors, usually no more than two or three people.
Interpretation and their methods
There are 2 methods of interpretation:
1) Simultaneous translation:
– the translator reproduces the translation simultaneously with the speaker’s speech, while being in a separate booth, restoring communication with the speakers using headphones and a microphone, or in the presence of the speakers using the joke method (playing the translation by whispering into the listener’s ear).
2) Consecutive interpretation:
– the translator reproduces the text in the translated language, divided into intervals, or in the conclusion of the speaker’s speech the meaning of everything said in an abbreviated format. In both cases, the translator performing this type of translation is free to take notes.
There is one peculiarity: when interpreting consecutively, the speaker must pause to give the interpreter a chance to translate what was said. This circumstance increases the duration of the conversation. Simultaneous translation, on the other hand, makes possible a much more lively exchange of messages during a conversation.